Ray Ortland provides these insights from the recent Acts29 boot camp. Read the original here.
1. A church should have a masculine ethos. 1 Corinthians 16:13 commands a whole church, "Act like men." There is cowardice, even effeminacy, in American churches today.
2. When you're doing the right thing, compromise is not leadership. It is capitulation.
3. All our problems arise from not connecting with the gospel. All our remedies are found in rediscovering and applying the gospel.
4. If you are not growing, you cannot lead others into growth. If you are growing and changing, you will be a force for renewal.
5. People in whom the Holy Spirit is at work love challenge; people in whom the Holy Spirit is not at work resent challenge.
6. We do not yet appear to be in the Third Great Awakening. If we were, the conversations at Harvard and CNN and the White House would be about Jesus. But renewal does seem to be growing in impact. I rejoice to see this in the Acts 29 Network and feel honored to be involved. If we will stay low before the Lord, I expect the blessing to grow and increase.
While you're at it, read this further word on#1 above.