Why should a believer invest time reading the Bible? The Bible itself provides answers to that question:
- The Bible is the means through which one finds salvation. See Ps. 19:7; Jn. 5:39; Rom. 10:17; 2 Tim. 3:15; 1 Pt. 1:23.
- The Bible forms the material from which we are to have a “ready answer.” 1Pt. 3:15
- The Bible is the means of our growth in grace. 1 Pt. 2:2
- The Bible equips us for the ministry to which we have been called. 2 Tim. 3:16
- The Bible is a means for our sanctification and walk in holiness. Ps. 119:11; cf. Heb. 5:11-14