Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Prayed About It...

This is a great post from the people at Team Tominthebox News Network. More powerful than the race card, this card trumps all others.

I have had this card played on me numerous times. The most memorial occasion was a few years ago when a friend and I were “discussing” the way certain words are translated in the KJV. The fact that he was a KJO adherent meant that the “discussion” was one sided. At any rate, we discussed the use of the word charity in 1 Cor. 13: 1. My question was this: “Why can’t we use the word love in the place of charity because the KJV translators sometimes interchange the words?”

Now, this is not the place to engage this debate. I have learned that both sides have their minds made up and that’s that. However, his answer to my question about the translation was, “Well, I prayed about it, and I think that it should be charity.”

In essence, the “I prayed about it card” effectually closes the discussion. What more can be said? If it has been prayed about, and if God has spoken, then who can add to that?

No comments: