Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mark Twain

One hundred years ago today, Mark Twain (aka Samuel Langhorn Clemens) died at the age of 75. Here is a sampling of some my favorite Mark Twain quotes:



 

  • A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.
  • Man is the only animal that blushes - or needs to.
  • Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
  • 'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.
  • Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
  • I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough.
  • Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

No comments: